The following guidelines have been developed to ensure every person who enters this space has a positive and peaceful experience.
- Please arrive to class on time. Check in and take care of payment before class.
- If you arrive late, make sure the class is not sitting quietly in meditation before you enter the room.
- If you need to leave class early, take savasana (final resting pose) and leave the room quietly before the class goes into savasana. Please do not ever leave during savasana or meditation, because it is disruptive to others.
- Enter fresh and clean. Do not wear perfume or cologne.
- Please remove your shoes at the door.
- Wear comfortable clothing. It is also recommended to practice bare foot.
- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE turn OFF cell phones or anything that may make noise upon entering the studio. Vibrate does not work.
- Be sure to bring all of your valuables (including keys, wallets and cell phones) into the studio with you. Yogaview can not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- It is recommended to practice on an empty stomach.
- Inform the teacher before class if you are pregnant or have any injuries.
- Bring your own towel or practice rug to absorb sweat - our blankets are not to be used for this purpose. yogaview towels are also available for purchase at the front desk.
- Be considerate of the space - pick up after yourself and if you borrow our props and mats, please fold them neatly and replace them in an organized fashion. If you use the shower, please clean up after yourself so the next person doesn’t slip on the floor.
- We encourage socializing before or after class but not during class as this is disruptive. Please keep voices low when socializing in the lobby as other classes may still be in progress.
- If you are practicing regularly at yogaview Lincoln Park, you are welcome to leave your mat at the studio. Please make sure it has your name on it or is in an identifiable mat bag. Yogaview does not take responsibilty for mats that are lost or forgotten about.
Thank you. Namaste.